A Dedicated Support Program for Partners
While help for people with sex addiction is becoming more available, support for their partners is still difficult to find. As the partner of a man seeking treatment for sex or pornography addiction, you’ve shouldered the weight of betrayal and deserve to address and heal from the traumas you’ve endured.
That’s why Begin Again Institute created a specialized virtual support program exclusively for those whose partners are undergoing treatment for sexual addiction and intimacy disorders in one of our 14-day intensives. Whether your partner is in our legacy intensive or the faith-based intensive, we hope that you will choose to prioritize your own healing by participating in the corresponding Partner Support Program to equip you with the tools and information needed to take the next steps.
Like the men in the 14-day intensive, partners will appreciate a private cohort program model that allows you to process complicated emotions, learn healthy techniques for dealing with the trauma you’re experiencing, and share with others in your shoes.
Whether you’re staying with your partner or remain undecided about the relationship, you deserve the opportunity to heal.
Healing Your Heart
Navigating a loved one’s sex or pornography addiction is never easy. Your life doesn’t look at all like you hoped or expected it would, and the future has been called into question. You probably feel isolated from your partner and community and are not quite sure who you can confide in. Not only is there anger and sadness, but a shared sense of shame about what’s been discovered.
In a confidential setting, our virtual program for partner support includes:
- Daily support and check-ins with the program facilitator
- Education and care from a betrayal trauma specialist
- Participation in a transformative “partner damage letter” session with your spouse
- Private group sessions with other program participant
Help for the Devastating Effects of Betrayal Trauma
Six virtual group sessions, led by our expert facilitator, offer essential education on how betrayal trauma impacts your mind, body, and emotions. Your journey in this program involves learning:
- Self-regulation techniques
- Stress management
- How to heal from betrayal
- Self-care strategies
- Tools for setting healthy boundaries
- The support you need for establishing next steps in your relationship
Finding hope while processing what has happened in your relationship and thriving after treatment is possible. Our tailored treatment for men struggling with sexual addiction and their betrayed partners recognizes the unique challenges you’re facing as a couple, and helps you both find steady footing and a path forward. You and your partner should consider joining a Begin Again Institute intensive and corresponding Partner Support Program if you:
- Have recently discovered your partner’s betrayal, which can include but is not limited to infidelity, secret pornography usage, compulsive lying, affair partner(s), gaslighting, and/or solicitation of sex.
- Discovered your partner’s betrayal a long time ago and are experiencing symptoms of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, including but not limited to depression, anxiety, digestive issues, panic attacks, nightmares or trouble sleeping, and/or difficulty reestablishing trust in your relationship.
- Desire to understand and heal the root cause of his addiction and your betrayal trauma rather than masking the symptoms.
Finding Strength Together
Our Partner Support Program facilitators are Certified Partner Coaches with the Association of Partners of Sex Addicts Trauma Specialists (APSATS). They bring years of training and experience to this role. They aim to empower and support women as they connect with self-love and compassion.
Whether you or your partner are executives, community leaders, or are known in other capacities, you can rest assured that the treatment you both deserve is available without compromising your privacy. These programs exclusively serve partners of those enrolled in an intensive treatment program at Begin Again Institute. Plus, we’re dedicated to tailoring our programs to accommodate each couple’s unique needs. We don’t want anything to stand in the way of your healing.
Begin Your Healing Journey
You are not alone. Since developing Begin Again Institute’s ﬁrst-in-the-nation Partner Support Program, we’ve supported countless partners whose husbands enroll in our treatment programs, helping them find hope and life after betrayal.
Our doors are open, and we’re ready to welcome you. We’re prepared to be your source of support, providing the help and understanding you need during this difficult time.